June 25, 2012

Tick Tock Clock

I've gotten a ton of compliments and inquiries about the clock I made for Bentley's nursery. So here's how it goes! :)



I started out with this kit that I got as a wedding gift. But, you can easily duplicate this with various sized picture frames from WalMart or Hobby Lobby.


I then positioned the frames in the order that I wanted them and decided which colors I was going to paint which frames. Then, I labeled them accordingly. (Note: I labeled the paper and the back of the actual frame so I could remember which fram was supposed to go back in which position)

This is everything that came in the kit.

Positioned accordingly and labeled (B-Brown, G-Green, C-Cream)
Then I went about painting the frames. I used an acrylic paint in 3 shades that coordinated with Bentley's room.

Paints I used in Melted Chocolate, Kiwi, and Antique White.

After 3 coats, the frames were ready!
After the frames were painted, I started choosing and cutting scrapbook paper for the numbers. I chose to use animal prints to go with the Lion King/Safari theme. I cut out a background matte for each number and then the actual number. I used just a couple of dots of hot glue to attach them (use a strong adhesive or Glue Dots on paper with glitter--I learned that the hard way).

Scrapbook paper pack from Michael's.

One of my numbers all ready to go.
After cutting and mounting all the numbers, I simply popped them in the frames and put them up on the wall! I'm very pleased with the final product and Bentley seems to love it too. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment