April 29, 2013

Party Like a Rockstar

I had the pleasure of planning and executing not one, but two birthday parties in the same week! I was in charge of our ward's Relief Society Birthday activity and a very special Cookie Monster birthday party for my favorite little 1-year-old! I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty proud of how both of them turned out and wanted to make a separate post so I could show you all the fantastic details. :) Enjoy!

So, for our Relief Society Birthday celebration, I chose the theme "Sweet is the Work". So, all the decor was focused around bright, fun candy! I made lollipop topiaries for the tables (thank you, Pinterest) which I think came out adorable! We also collected quotes from the sisters about what Relief Society means to them. So I painted some frames I got from Dollar Tree to match the centerpieces and printed the quotes in cute, colorful fonts. Finally, for party favors, my wonderful husband helped me design these cute candy bar wrappers to put around Hershey bars for everyone to take home! The activity was a huge success!

Smal lollipop topiaries for centerpieces

Candy Bar Favors
Table all set up with topiaires and framed quotes

Why spend money on a banner when there's already a chalkboard available?!

Another completed table

Quote from the ever-wise Rachel McMurtrey 

Sister Reynolds putting the finishing touches on her fantastic dessert treat!
 OK, so a couple days later, we celebrated Mister B's 1st birthday!! The celebration was a but of a bummer, since a random tornado decided to blow through and keep most of our party guests at bay. But those of us who were there had a great time. :) I chose a Cookie Monster theme because from the time Bentley started eating solid foods, he was addicted to those Gerber cookies so we nicknamed him Cookie Monster. haha It made for some very festive decor!!

Cake Table

Food table

I thought the adults would appreciate a little Cookie humor.
It says "I don't always eat cookies, but when I do I eat them in a horrifyingly violent manner"

More food table decor

Decorated the mantle

Pictures of Bentley throughout the year. :)

There were, of course, plenty of COOKIES!

Smash cake
Party favors table

Cookie Favors--Look Who's ONE!

Our guests took home a little bag of yummy cookies with a balloon with these cute tags that Taylor designed!

Bentley's AMAZING cake courtesy of Miss Leah!!!

Baby Cookie Monster on the cake!

It took a minute to get into it, but once he did--watch out!

Cake Face!!
I had so much fun planning these parties!! I always forget how much I enjoy party planning until I have an excuse to do it. Only problem is... Now I have to out-do myself next year!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of the bright colors of the Relief Society party!! And B's Cookie Monster party--how awesome and fun for kids. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely loving the decorations for both of these parties. I may have to copy the RS one.
    So, for the round balls / trees, did you have to glue the suckers in that were on the bottom, or did they stick in the foam even against gravity?

    ReplyDelete